Everyone knows that Saskatoon is booming but sometimes people forget about the outlying communities, especially Warman and Martensville. If you’re looking to buy a home, consider Martensville as a budget friendly option compared to Saskatoon. Besides prices, here’s a few other reasons why:
- Martensville is located just 8kms north of Saskatoon. Just a short, 10 minute drive to city limits and to the north industrial area.
- Martensville was recently named the fastest growing city is Western Canada. 75% of it’s residents are under the age of 45.
- Many new home construction is occurring in brand new neighbourhoods in Martensville. Local builders include North Prairie Developments, D&S Homes, and Northridge Developments.
- A recent survey done found that residents scored quality of life, friendly people, and small-town atmosphere the top reasons they love living in Martesville.
- Martensville is brimming with opportunities for recreation and leisure. There are numerous parks with winding trails, sports and community centres, and an outdoor aquatic centre. In addition, the active volunteer community and numerous service programs all contribute to the City’s atmosphere.
- Besides rec and leisure activites, almost 30 events take place in Martensville each year including the Auto Clearing Motor Speedway which is a stop on the NASCAR circuit.
- Martensville has 2 elementary schools and a high school. Renovations are underway at the high school which will double the size of the school and include a state of the art recreational facility.
- Martensville is actively recruiting physicians and other health service providers and is proud to include services such as massage and chiropractic, dentistry, physiotherapy, optometry, and pharmacy to it’s ever expanding list of health services.
- Close to 400 businesses operate out of Martensville. Service industries, professional services, manufacturing, and transportation all call Martensville home.
- Just in the past year commercial development in Martensville has exploded. Recent additions include Tim Hortons, Dairy Queen, Canalta Hotels, Pharmasave, Taco Time, Co-op gas bar, and a new TRX RV business Park. Canadian Tire, McDonald’s and Marks Work Warehouse have also added their names to open soon.
Martensville is a great community and it’s proximity to Saskato and it’s unbeatable prices compared to the big city make it a smart choice. Call me if you are interested in learning more about what Martensville has to offer and about any of the developments currently underway or houses currently for sale in the area.
Saskatoon real estate agent
Century 21 Fusion